Makes 20 servings, serving size 3-1/2 x 2-1/2" piece
5 cups tart apples, cored, peeled, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark raisins
1 /2 cup pecans, chopped
1 /4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Nutritional info per serving
Total fat: 8g
Total Carbs: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil 13 x 9 x 2" pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans. Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg.
- Sift together flour, soda, and cinnamon, and stir into apple mixture about 1 /3 at a time, just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Turn batter into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool cake slightly before serving.