Serves 4. Recipe from CookingLight.
2 large egg whites
6 large eggs
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
⅓ cup 1% milk
8 ounces raw asparagus
¼ cup thinly sliced shallots
3 tablespoons chopped scallions
2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Note: Photo not exact representation of finished product.
- Preheat broiler to high. Combine egg whites, eggs, salt, pepper, and milk; stir with a whisk.
- Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat on stovetop.
- Layer in asparagus, shallots, and scallions.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over cheese. Cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are partially set; then broil 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and almost set.