Makes approximately 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
Serving size 2 cookies. Recipe adapted from AARP.
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
Nutritional info per serving (2 cookies)
Total fat: 10g
Total Carbs: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Grind oats in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy.
- With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, at least 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until firm around the edges and golden on top, about 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.