Makes 6 servings (1 frittata wedge and about 1/3 cup salad mixture.) Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine.
2 ounces finely grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/2 cup)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 large eggs
½ teaspoon salt, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
¾ cup chopped green onions
⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
2 cups baby arugula
1 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Total fat: 9g
Total Carbs: 4g
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cheese, black pepper and eggs; add 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat.
- Add mushrooms and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 6 minutes or until mushrooms brown and most of liquid evaporates.
- Stir in onions; sauté 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add egg mixture and basil to pan, stirring gently to evenly distribute vegetable mixture; cook 5 minutes or until eggs are partially set.
- Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and top is lightly browned. Remove pan from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Run a spatula around edge and under frittata to loosen from pan; slide frittata onto a plate or cutting board.
- Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, arugula, tomatoes and lemon juice. Cut the frittata into 6 wedges; top with arugula/tomatoe mixture.