Makes 6 servings
2 lbs tart apples (MacIntosh)
2 lbs sweet apples (Golden Delicious)
1 to 1-1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Sugar to taste (optional)
Nutrition info per serving (1 cup)
Total fat: .7g
Total Carbohydrates: 30.5g
Dietary Fiber: 5.4g
- Peel and core apples, cut into pieces.
- Place apples, water, and cinnamon stick in heavy sauce pan and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook till very tender (10 to 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar (if desired) and cool.
- Process in blender or food processor until very smooth, chill and serve.