Makes 6 1/2 cup servings
1 cup sweet potato, cooked, mashed
1/2 cup banana (about 2 small), mashed
1 cup evaporated skim milk
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 egg yolks (or 1 /3 cup egg substitute), beaten
1 /2 tsp salt
1 /4 cup raisins
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Nonstick cooking spray
Nutritional info per serving
Total fat: 2g
Total Carbs: 32g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
*If using egg substitue, cholesterol will be lower
- In medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana. Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in preheated 325º F oven for 40-45 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.