Makes 4 servings. Recipe adapted from USDA.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic (minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 package tofu (firm or extra firm, water packed, 14 ounces, drained)
1 lime cut in wedges
Total fat: 5g
Total Carbs: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Drain water from tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towels. Let set for about 5 minutes.
- While tofu is draining, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- Slice tofu into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place tofu slices on foil lined baking sheet.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over tofu. Using a spatula or pancake turner, gently turn slices over to coat both sides with sauce.
- Bake tofu for 15 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for another 15 minutes. Tofu should be light golden brown and firm. Serve slices with a wedge of lime. If you cut into cubes, you can also add to a stir-fry or fried rice.