Makes 12 muffins Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
1-3/4 cups (7.9 ounces) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or honey
Nutritional info per serving
Total Fat: 6.2g
Total Carbs: 30g
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center.
- In a separate bowl combine ricotta, water, olive oil, grated lemon rind, fresh lemon juice and egg, stir until smooth.
- Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle turbinado sugar or honey over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.