Makes 4 servings. Recipe by Robby Melvin for MyRecipes.com.
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (1 Tbsp.)
1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 3 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 medium lemon)
1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Nutritional info per serving
Total Fat: 31g
- Stir together olive oil, parsley, basil, cilantro, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper in a bowl, and transfer to a large ziplock plastic bag.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of mixture, and reserve.
- Add chicken to bag; seal bag, and toss to coat. Chill 1 to 2 hours, turning chicken once.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Let chicken stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill pan on medium-high.
- Place chicken on oiled pan; grill until a thermometer registers 160°F when inserted in thickest portion of chicken breast, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from grill pan, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with reserved 2 tablespoons marinade, slice, garnish with chopped chives & serve.