Makes 8 servings. Recipe from AARP.
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, light or dark
1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil
Total fat: 16g
Total Carbs: 7g
Dietary Fiber: .6g
*Photo does not accurately represent recipe.
- Mix sugar, paprika, pepper, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. In another small bowl mix vinegar and honey.
- Put the chicken into a shallow pan, drizzle with the oil, and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the chicken; toss and rub to coat thoroughly.
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire, or heat a gas grill with all burners on high for 10 minutes.
- Clean the hot grate with a wire brush, and then lubricate it with an oil-soaked paper towel. Put the chicken, skin side down, onto the grate and grill, covered, until one side has dark grill marks (5 to 6 minutes for large thighs; 4 to 5 minutes for medium and small thighs).
- Turn and continue to grill until well marked on the other sides and cooked through (5 to 6 minutes longer for large thighs; 4 to 5 minutes for medium and small thighs).
- Transfer thighs to a serving dish, and brush with vinegar-honey mixture; let rest 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.