Makes 8 1/2 cup servings
2 cups macaroni
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
1 medium egg, beaten
1/4 tsp black pepper
1-1/4 c (4 oz) lowfat sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
Nonstick cooking spray
Nutritional info per serving
Total fat: 4g
Total Carbs: 29g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Cook macaroni according to directions, but do not add salt to the cooking water. Drain and set aside.
- Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and rest of ingredients and mix.
- Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.