Makes 6 servings
2 Tbsp dry red wine
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1-1/2 tsp ginger root, peeled, grated
1 lb boneless round steak, fat-trimmed and cut across grain into 1-1/2" strips
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed, and sliced
2 stalks celery, bias-cut into 1/4" slices
2 small green peppers cut into thin lengthwise strips
1 c water chestnuts, drained, sliced
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 c water
Nutritional info per serving
Total fat: 7g
Total Carbs: 12g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Prepare marinade by mixing together wine, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger.
- Marinate meat in mixture while preparing vegetables.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet or wok. Stir-fry onions and mushrooms for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add celery and cook for 1 minute. Add remaining vegetables and cook for 2 minutes or until green pepper is tender but crisp. Transfer vegetables to warm bowl.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil to skillet. Stir-fry meat in oil for about 2 minutes, or until meat loses its pink color.
- Blend cornstarch and water. Stir into meat. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Return vegetables to skillet. Stir gently and serve.