Makes 4 servings. Recipe from Cooking Light.
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
Total Fat: 5g
*Photo does not represent recipe accurately.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
- Add chicken to pan; sauté 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add broth, syrup, thyme, and garlic to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vinegar and mustard; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to pan, and spoon mustard mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place pan over medium heat; cook mustard mixture 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy, stirring frequently.
- Serve with chicken.