(like MYield 12 egg bites. (6 servings).
Recipe from thespruceeats.com
12 large egg whites, or 1-1/2 cups pasteurized egg whites
1/4 cup light, or regular sour cream
2 cups packed coarsely chopped baby spinach
1/2 cup diced jarred roasted red peppers, well drained
2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
Vitamin C: 23mg
- Line a muffin pan with foil liners and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 F.
- Add the egg whites and sour cream to a medium bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- Add the spinach, roasted red peppers, green onions, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Fill the wells of the foil-lined muffin pan three-quarters full. Top each evenly with Parmesan.
- Bake until the egg bites are puffed, the cheese is melted, and a paring knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for several minutes before serving.
- Baked egg bites have the tendency to stick to the muffin pan, even if it's nonstick. To prevent this, we like to line the wells with foil liners and spray them lightly with cooking spray. If you don't have foil liners, spray the wells of a nonstick muffin pan directly with cooking spray instead.
- If you end up with lots of extra egg yolks, don't toss them out. Use yolks to make lemon curd, spaghetti carbonara, Caesar salad dressing, or cured egg yolks.