Serves 2. Recipe adapted from loveandlemons.com
12 ounces broccoli florets
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes or lemons or limes, halved
Red pepper flakes
Nutritional info per serving
Total Fat: 8g
Total Carbs: 17g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
Making perfect roasted broccoli couldn’t be easier! Here’s what you need to do:
- First, preheat the oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the oven warms up, wash, thoroughly dry, then break a head of broccoli into evenly sized florets.
- Spread them evenly on the baking sheet in a single layer, add lime or lemon halves.
- Toss the broccoli florets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer them to the hot oven and bake for 15 to 22 minutes, until the florets are browned and crisp around the edges.
- When they come out of the oven, squeeze the roasted citrus juice over the florets.
- Finish them with a big sprinkle of red pepper flakes. You can drizzle a tiny bit more oil over the top if you like.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!