Makes 28 bites. Recipe & photo from delish.com
Ingredients – Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 cup water
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Ingredients – Cheese Bites
2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutritional info per cheese bite
Total Fat: 10g
Total Carbs: 4g
- Preheat oven to 350º and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Prepare red velvet cake batter according to box directions.
- Divide batter among liners and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely. Break 4 cupcakes into small crumbs. Save remaining cakes for another use.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add heavy cream and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop cream cheese mixture into balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the freezer to chill, 1 hour.
- Roll balls in red velvet cake crumbs until fully coated, then return to prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to serve.