Makes 4 servings. Recipe adapted from AARP.
3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 hard-boiled eggs (see Tip)
1 ripe avocado, cubed
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
4 romaine lettuce leaves
whole wheat bread
Nutritional info per serving
Total fat: 18g
Total Carbs: 9g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Halve eggs and discard 4 of the yolks (or save for another use). Add whites and the remaining 4 yolks to the bowl and mash to desired consistency. Gently stir in avocado, bacon and blue cheese.
- Spread on toasted whole wheat bread and top with romaine lettuce leaf.
- To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.