Makes 8 servings. Recipe adapted from Chobani®.
1 cup Chobani® Vanilla Blended Greek Yogurt, divided
8 challah slices
1/3 cup whole milk
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
Sliced fresh strawberries & blueberries for garnish
- Set oven to 275ºF, or lowest possible temperature.
- In a bowl, add ⅓ cup of yogurt, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and orange zest.
- Whisk together until well mixed.
- Warm a portion of the butter in a nonstick skillet on medium heat until melted.
- Soak bread on each side for several seconds in the yogurt-egg mixture and then place in the skillet.
- Cook French toast for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer finished French toast to a sheet pan in oven to hold hot. Repeat until all remaining French toast is cooked.
- Top each slice of French toast with a dollop of remaining yogurt, garnish with fruit and maple syrup to serve.