Makes 2 servings
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup fine curd, full fat cottage cheese
1 Tbs olive oil
Pinch black pepper
1 Tbs fresh basil leaves, very finely chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried)
Nutritional info per serving
Total fat: 16g
Total Carbs: 2g
Dietary Fiber: .2g
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl, add baking soda and beat with a whisk until fluffy and light in color.
- Heat olive oil very gently in a heavy skillet or non-stick sauté pan over low heat.
- Pour eggs into pan and cook slowly. As the egg sets, lift edges with a spatula, tilt pan and let liquid egg run under edge.
- Continue until there is no more liquid egg on top (top surface of omelet will still be quite moist). Do not allow eggs to brown on bottom.
- Sprinkle surface of omelet with salt, pepper and chopped basil.
- Spread cottage cheese over 1/2 of omelet surface, fold omelet in half and remove from pan. Serve warm.