Makes about 2-1/2 cups. Approximately 12 3-tablespoon-sized servings. Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit.
1 10-ounce package pecan halves
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Nutritional info per serving
Total fat: 6g
Total Carbs: 3g
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place pecans in medium bowl.
- Melt butter in heavy small saucepan then add cumin and cayenne and stir until aromatic, about 15 seconds.
- Pour over pecans. Add sugar and salt and stir to coat.
- Transfer to baking pan. Bake until nuts are toasted, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. (Pecans can be prepared 5 days ahead. Store in airtight container.)