Serving size 1 ounce. Makes 48 servings. Recipe adapted from AARP.
6 tablespoons lime juice
6 tablespoons chili powder
4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 cups unsalted cocktail peanuts
Nutritional info per serving
Total fat: 9g
Total Carbs: 5g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 250°F.
- Whisk lime juice, chili powder, salt and cayenne in a large bowl. Add peanuts; toss to coat.
- Divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets; spread in an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until dry, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- If you can only find salted peanuts, omit the added salt.
- Add the maximum amount of cayenne pepper if you want an extra hit of spice.