Makes 4 servings. Serving size 1 steak.
Recipe from cookinglight.com.
1 (2-lb.) head cauliflower
⅓ cup unsalted chicken stock
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
4 thyme sprigs
4 crushed garlic cloves
½ teaspoon ground fennel seeds
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Nutritional info per serving
Total Fat: 8g
Total Carbs: 13g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut 1 (2-lb.) head cauliflower into 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) slices.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add unsalted chicken stock, chopped fresh sage, thyme sprigs, crushed garlic cloves, ground fennel seeds, and bay leaf.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 425°F 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard foil. Brush cauliflower with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Bake until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully flip; brush with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Bake until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place cauliflower on a platter; sprinkle with kosher salt and crushed red pepper.